Sunday, January 9, 2011

So tired...

With the cold, windy, snowy weather, I am feeling particularly lazy, tired and apathetic.  Is this normal?  I ran out for about an hour to get milk and bread while the boys stayed at home, lounging in their pjs, but beyond that, I've been lazing on the couch, eating snacks and basically doing nothing. 

When I wasn't a Mom, I was okay with these kinds of days. I'd spend much of the day in bed, watching movies, reading books, eating whatever I felt like picking on and sleeping... lots of sleeping.  I'd take long bubble baths, write and do very little of anything productive.  I would enjoy these lost weekends.  They were infrequent, but I loved them.

Now, I feel guilty.  Guilty for not spending enough time with my boy.  Guilty for eating too much (I eat to try to stay awake and get energised... not working).  Guilty for not cleaning. And, guilty for wanting to declare tomorrow a sick day, even though I'm not sick (despite the temptation, I won't do that...).

I know I need to re-charge.  But, I'm not sure how.

No comments:

Post a Comment