Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Funny and Fabulous Kid

Being a Mom, I sometimes stop and marvel at the big kid my little baby is becoming.

Here's a little about him:
  • T is almost three
  • He's an only child
  • He likes to have one sippy cup filled with apple juice and one with hot chocolate in each hand, so he can alternate sips
  • He loves Toy Story and re-enacts the scenes in the movie
  • He still isn't potty trained, likely because of Mommy and Daddy's laziness
  • T loves to play... with toys, outside... everywhere
  • He is fascinated by dinosaurs, cars and trains
  • He wants to drive Mommy's car
  • He's been swatting and hitting people lately (gasp... not quite sure how to stop that behaviour)
  • His cousins - G, one year older and X, one and a half years younger - are his best friends
  • He likes to sleep with Sid, a stuffed monkey I picked up years before he was born to accompany me on long road trips
  • Sometimes I think he's 100% his Dad, but every once in a while, I'll see a little bit of me in him
  • As a working Mom, I worry about spending enough time with him - I don't want to miss a thing, and I want him to be the best person he can be
  • He loves going to the zoo and knows the animals there
  • He's like a teenager... he always wants to stay up late and sleep in (groan)
  • He's a flirt... knows how to blow kisses and wink (Daddy taught him the latter)
  • Tuesday is library day, and he knows it
  • I love him, and his Dad, with all my heart
My little man is growing up so fast... I know that's a bit of a cliche, but it's true.  I treasure all the time we share together.

No comments:

Post a Comment