Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Gremlins

Today was a day of gremlins...

I thought I packed my Blackberry and cell phone.  No.  They were on the living room table. 

I thought I packed T's boots.  No.  They were left in the kitchen.

I thought T had enough diapers for his day home.  No.  One left.

And, of course, the traffic was particularly brutal on the way to work, so I was late.  Then, the on-line programs I was trying to use weren't working. Yipes!

But, the gremlins faded as the day progressed.  I was able to have an interview with a high-ranking elected official (a hard to get get... media were waiting almost outside his door, but he spoke with us first). Then, I did something I was dreading for about a week... I had a talk with my much-loved day home provider, indicating I had to find something more structured for my son.  She was sweet, lovely and respectful, saying my son was always welcome back. 

So despite little gremlins doing their thing this morning, everything worked out alright. (I'm still a bit sad about the day home provider.  I'm going to miss her).

No comments:

Post a Comment