Monday, January 17, 2011

The Ice Princess?

A week and a half ago, I was assigned the task on developing a video to promote our organization.  My role? Be the 'go to girl', working with the production crew.

My first meeting with the creative director didn't give me the warm fuzzies.  She was one of these really stylish, bohemian types... You know, with long dark hair that just emotes smugness.  She had a slight cockiness - like she was the expert, and ideas shouldn't be imposed upon her.

I was a bit concerned... Perhaps very concerned... that the creativity was going to over-ride the objectives of this little film.

The little film isn't complete yet, but after working with her on the shoots for a couple of days, I've learned a bit more about her. Things like she bites her lips when she gets nervous, and she has the skills to make a great video.  And, the ice princess suddenly isn't the ice princess after all.  I now suspect my initial impression of her was of someone trying to project herself as confident, rather than to portray a sense of smugness.

Believe it or not... she's actually fun to work with (not the pee your pants laughter kind, but more of an intense adventure/sense of accomplishment kind)... and, yes... I think she'll do a great job.  Looking forward to seeing the final cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment