Thursday, March 24, 2011

Making lemonade

Sick leave sucks.

I'm not a fan of sitting still, so being on sick leave kinda truly sucks.

For the most part, the little guy is at the dayhome next door to my Mom's. But, I feel guilty for not spending more quality time with him. So, I decided earlier this week that after my appointment today, I would take him 'swimming'. I went by my brother's house to pick up our swimming things (I really should be more organized), and on the drive back to pick up the munchkin, I noticed most of the lights along the main streets were out (including traffic lights). Of course, swimming pool A is along that route. I suspected the electricity in that neighbourhood was out or limited, so I thought we'd go to swimming destination B.

As T and I were driving to destination B, I noticed the traffic to the off-ramp was backed up considerably... I decided to keep driving and see how bad it really was... REALLY BAD... backed up for several kms.

So, I groaned. T was really excited about going swimming, and I didn't want to let him down.

I quickly called the local number to confirm that swimming pool A was closed... and I was right.

Hmm... What to do? What to do? I didn't want to spoil his special afternoon by not doing something special (esp. because I pulled him out of the dayhome where he was having fun dancing around). We then drove to the movie theatre near our home. Poo... The first movie wasn't set to start until early evening.

Okay... I started muttering about lemons... Then I remembered a rec centre near my father-in-laws. So, I drove over there. Fingers crossed.

We arrived. It was open and had multiple areas where we could practice our 'swimming.' What a relief! So, the little guy and I enjoyed our newly discovered recipe for lemonade...in the form of a local rec centre.

No comments:

Post a Comment