Friday, March 11, 2011

A few observations

Here are a few thoughts from today.

This week, I was off sick, still trying to fight the virus that T and I had in mid-February (still not better). I stayed at my Mom's for more than a week. Only a couple coworkers said I hope you feel better soon. Now how's that for the warm fuzzies? (To be fair, I'm not sure how many people knew I was away sick, and I get embarassed about being sick... so maybe this is an irrelevant point).

However...the Second Cup lady noticed that T and I hadn't been by for our hot chocolate for an entire week. Sigh.

But... Being sick means you lose weight without even trying. I'm down more than 10 pounds!

Argh... It's possible to "read" a book without reading a page. I started to read a book yesterday - I'm even about a quarter way through - and I have no idea what I read or what the book is about.

Huh?... Why is it that your hair never looks as good as it does when you leave the salon?

Next... Now that we're back at my brother's, my son brought be a carton of eggs. I was starting to question my sanity, wondering if I bought too many eggs, then I decided to check the fridge. Imagine my surprise to discover he took one dozen eggs that were in the fridge egg holder and placed them in the carton. Then, he decided to put the carton back into the Farmer's Market cart. Pretty cute and somewhat funny.

And... Sometimes, a short message can put a smile on your face. I received a FB message from someone I usually don't hear from, and it made me happy.

Then...It's nice to be home. Even if it is my temporary home. It's great to be surrounded by our own stuff... at least some of our stuff.

And, finally... My heart hurts for those in Japan right now. The earthquakes and tsunamis today are horrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment